[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Object.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc Object.py

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Dec 30 14:32:25 CET 2005

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Campbell Barton wrote:

> campbellbarton (Campbell Barton) 2005/12/30 12:54:53 CET
>
>  Modified files:
>    blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Object.c
>    blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc Object.py
>
>  Log:
>  Added the function Duplicate to the object module.
>  Object.Duplicate(linked=1)
>
>  Basicly a wrapper for adduplicate();
>
>  There was previously no easy way to copy objects in python. even the ways that do exist dont take modifiers, particles etc into account.
>  Uses the current selection.. epydocs included also.

I'm not sure this makes much sense as it is. Making the working of python
scripts depend on user preferences seems like an awkward idea to me.

Imagine this script *absolutely* *needs* the duplicate the object data for
working correctly (which it will in many cases). It
has no way to do so, other than being at the mercy of the user's
preferences.