[Bf-committers] N<1 rendering. formerly: added index-of-refraction presets popup menu

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Thu Dec 29 20:41:33 CET 2005

Yup, that all squares with my understanding of the code, too.  Except
that since the raytracer didn't support total-internal-reflection until
recently (see my patch), the bubble-in-bubble case they're talking about
wouldn't have worked properly anyway.  The rays that should never have
escaped the dense medium into the sparse medium were being allowed to
escape without any refraction at all.

If someone wants to make a quick submarine model with windows, a seabed
floor, and a few bubbles, I'll tweak with it until it works fine as a
test case.  Maybe even a 2.41 release-notes diagram ;)

[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]