[Bf-committers] Re: added index-of-refraction presets popup menu

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Thu Dec 29 18:54:24 CET 2005

Hi,
ed at halley.cc (2005-12-29 at 0718.03 -0500):
> This patch adds a modest library of 26 common real-world materials and
> their index of refraction (IOR). A small button next to the material IOR
> slider lets users browse the presets and choose one. This was a feature
> request on the wiki.
>
> https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3685&group_id=9&atid=127

IIRC render size presets plan was to do it based in python or
something based in simple files. This could follow the same method, so
I can just transform some lists I found into a file and keep it in
~/.blender/ and even share it, keep different versions, add silly
materials (magic force field 1.2, ie), etc.

BTW, now that you seem deep into ray code... make the IOR be able to
simulate "camera is already in something, not always vacuum/~air" so
submarine scenes with bubbles can be done with more correctness (from
physics class I think that means first hit would be 1/ior but slider
does not go below 1.0, which would be the other way to make such
scenes). Thanks. :]

GSR