[Bf-committers] Another - again - 'slipped through' task

D.J. Capelis blender at djc.people.sgalliance.com
Thu Dec 29 01:47:31 CET 2005

Ironically this release was the first in which I took your advice from
the last time we talked about this a few weeks ago and built such a
checklist (and scripted it to ensure there wasn't mistakes.)

Unfortunately, the checklist was comparing this all from
the /release/plugins/include directory instead of
from /source/blender/blenpluginapi/.

So this wasn't a case of no checklist, but simply a bad one.  I've since
fixed my checklist.

Thanks for pointing this out.

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 12:40 +0100, Alexander Ewering wrote:
> Just another bit to show the importance of my proposed "release todo
> checklist":
>
> Over the last few releases, another thing that constantly happened in
> various ways and various degrees of severity is that various parts of the
> plugin API / plugins directories (include files, plugin sources, etc.) have
> been randomly missing from random platforms. This time, someone fortunately
> filed a bug report about it:
>
> https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3672&group_id=9&atid=125
>
> So, another item to add to the list: "Check if the plugins directory is
> complete and permissions are right (+x on bmake, etc.)
>
> | alexander ewering              instinctive mediaworks
> | ae[@]instinctive[.]de   http://www[.]instinctive[.]de

~D.J. Capelis~