[Bf-committers] Bug tracker

Johnny Matthews johnny.matthews at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 18:00:08 CET 2005

Yes, a public realease checklist would be a good idea. It would certainly
help in not forgetting things especially as our releases become more are
more involved. I'm sure that Ton has something like this at least in his
head, but it would certainly help ease everyone's mind that everything will
get done.

Working at a Bank, I have a daily checklist of tasks and reports to run and
review. I know that this helps keep me on track to make sure I get
everything done, and then I have a great reference when I need to go back
and see what was or was not done on a given day. A release checklist would
be a great way to help delegate work during a release and would let people
know that "Oh hey, I should not post an article at CGTalk because xyz team
member is responsible for doing that, not me"

Johnny (guitargeek)

On 12/26/05, Alexander Ewering <blender at instinctive.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, Matt Ebb wrote:
>
> > Just a note, I didn't interpret that to being made fun of in public,
> rather a
> > little reference to the "ignore the mail" written in your message. Let's
> not
> > get out the flamethrowers just yet :)
> >
> > Anyway, I think it's a good idea - I had my own little list for the help
> menu
>
> Sorry, but this time, it wasn't *me* who got the flamethrower out first :)
>
> Yes, of course it's a good idea. I'm not "accusing" BF of not being able
> handle things - it is just impossible with tasks that have a certain
> degree
> of complexity. I also have checklists for - say - mastering or vocal
> recording. There's just too many settings to make and too many things to
> forget that will go *unnoticed* at first.
>
> Maybe also something like phpgroupware would be interesting.
>
> | alexander ewering              instinctive mediaworks
> | ae[@]instinctive[.]de   http://www[.]instinctive[.]de

Johnny Matthews
johnny.matthews at gmail.com