[Bf-committers] Re: QuickStart Guide - In pdf

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Tue Dec 20 21:44:26 CET 2005

Hi,
fred at mentalwarp.com (2005-12-20 at 1901.22 +0100):
> I corrected the mistakes, and tried to integrate suggestions, so here
> is the final version in pdf.
>
> http://www.mentalwarp.com/~fred/divers/blender/Hotkeys/BlenderQuickStart6.pdf

There are still two (or one, depends how you see it) issues that make
me doubt: the huge flat colour area, as it is a big ink eater, and the
text over grey, also ink hungry but with worse side effects at it
forces the printer to have to create the grey with a pattern and at
the same time try to have readable text (that does not mix nicely).

For reference docs like this, one should try (or at least imagine the
result) printing in a plain printer (not in photo settings), b&w
preferably, and also making photocopies of that. You know, try to
think a teacher handing out it or students copying it.

I would leave sans vs serif debate for others, as I do not feel
experienced enough in that front... but I suffered too many "not good
for printing or copying" docs not long ago.

GSR