[Bf-committers] 2.40 release is near!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Dec 19 11:02:48 CET 2005

Hi all,

On yesterday's irc session we went over the pending issues;

- Game engine: status is somewhere between usable and broken still...
audio and armatures don't work, but the new Bullet physics is worth
including it. We'll release it with a large note there's WIP in the
engine, and we should decide after 2.40 what the future of engine could
be.

- Booleans: still no fixes to catch input errors (non manifold meshes).
Ken Hughes might look at this... nevertheless, the current boolean tool
is a big improvement compared to the last release.

- Pending bugs; there's quite a few new reports, but no big
showstoppers at first glance. I'll go today over all open bugs to
verify or fix and close them.

- Docs: Toni will collect video tutorials for 2.40 features, and make
it available for download via the blender site (or one of our mirrors).
Tom Musgrove is working on the (full overview) of the release changes,
will work with me on getting this in blender.org CMS.

- Press release: via the new bf-marketing mailing list we'll coordinate
the efforts for contacting websites & magazines about the release.

- Schedule: today is the last day for fixing bugs in cvs. CVS will go
into final freeze this night (night for the euros or americas). So, on
tuesday (daytime euros and americas) we can start building the final
release binaries. (BTW: Jean-Luc leaves for holiday wednesday).

- For everyone: test & test once more! Get the regression suite!

Thanks,

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org