[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/scripts mirror_bone_weights.py xsi_export.py

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Thu Dec 15 19:35:35 CET 2005

Alexander Ewering wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:
>
>> ianwill (Willian Padovani Germano) 2005/12/15 21:12:00 CET
>>
>>  Added files:
>>    blender/release/scripts mirror_bone_weights.py xsi_export.py
>>
>>  Log:
>>  Scripts:
>>
>>  - Mirror bone weights contributed by Thomas Oppl.
>

> Sounds like this is not needed anymore?

Hi intrr,

Discussed this with a few people, they consider the script is needed /
can still be useful when the weights have already been painted without
using the new mirror mode weight painting.

I played with Blender, too, to see if it was useful (but of course we
may be wrong) at least for this release.

This is from the original author, from an email to bf-scripts-dev:

http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-scripts-dev/2005-December/000103.html

"(...)I know there is the symmetry painting mode now in blender 2.4 but
i think the script still can be useful. for example if mirroring is an
afterthought or because the script works better for center groups
without ".L" or ".R" suffixes (at least last time i tried it the
symmetry painting mode didn't handle this well)."

Of course this is open for discussion, we remove it with my apologies :)
if it's proved unneeded.

--
Willian