[Bf-committers] AMD 64 build

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Thu Dec 15 19:52:22 CET 2005

Mats Holmberg wrote:

> I haven't noticed any errors at all, at least not in rendering. For me
> Blender compiles ok now, and runs fine as well. The only glitch at the
> moment is that the Orange branch gives errors on compiling
> blender/source/kernel/gen_system/GEN_HashedPtr.h. This was corrected in
> bf-blender, so a copy from there does it =) I'm not certain as to why
> the branches aren't in sync, though.

As an aside (while cleaning the sources to get rid of 64-bit compile
errors) I found that GEN_HashedPtr is only used in the game engine.  In
fact, I modified my SConscript only compile when the game engine is
built and things run just fine.  I don't know offhand if the code
actually gets linked into blender since it's put in a library anyway,
but maybe the build maintainers could make it conditional on the game
engine everywhere?  Or is it just being built with scons?

Ken