[Bf-committers] AMD 64 build

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at saunalahti.fi
Thu Dec 15 07:43:58 CET 2005

Arne Schmitz wrote:

>Am Donnerstag, 17. November 2005 12:52 schrieb Alexander Ewering:
>

>>On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Arne Schmitz wrote:
>>

>>>Hm ok. Although this does not surprise me, since blender always builds
>>>with a million warnings. :)
>>>

>>It should surprise you, as Blender has always been 64-bit-clean and had
>>official 64 bit builds, but that was before open-source ;-)
>>

>Is there anything new on the 64bit front? I just compiled the current CVS
>successfully on amd64 with g++ 4.0.2. It works, runs fine, but gives a few
>rendering errors on a first look. Not that bad, though. And it throws
>gazillions of warnings, but I am used to that. :-)
>
>Arne

I haven't noticed any errors at all, at least not in rendering. For me
Blender compiles ok now, and runs fine as well. The only glitch at the
moment is that the Orange branch gives errors on compiling
blender/source/kernel/gen_system/GEN_HashedPtr.h. This was corrected in
bf-blender, so a copy from there does it =) I'm not certain as to why
the branches aren't in sync, though.

-mats