[Bf-committers] two new wood types and one new wood wave type

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Mon Dec 12 02:15:17 CET 2005

Yes, someone else suggested the same workaround to achieve cylindrical
woodgrain, but that smears the Y for noise coordinates too, making the
same noise at all Y slices.  You can also use a separate "warp" channel
to regain that Y coordinate, but then you could use warp for ALL of the
noisy wood choices.

If I should take out cylindrical woodgrain, I should also take out all
the noisy options, leaving "warp" for that.  This would be a big plus on
this code, in my opinion, since I didn't like the single int+bool
parameter anyway.  Then you have to think of existing .blend files,
yadda yadda.

I'm not dismissing your feedback, by the way, just explaining the
reasoning behind my patch.