[Bf-committers] MatchBone: almost done, but some issues remain

Roland Hess rolandh at reed-witting.com
Thu Dec 8 20:53:58 CET 2005

An update on the progress of the MatchBone feature I've been working
on whenever I get a few spare minutes...

1. It works. You can see demo videos at
http://www.harkyman.com/bpblog//bparchive/2005_12_01_bparchive.html#113354362598768615
2. It now works properly with scaled and repeated action strips.
3. Update issues seem to be resolved. Everything updates properly on
rearrange, scale, g-key move, or panel alterations of action strips.

Issues that remain, and maybe Ton can comment, as everyone else seems
to run for the hills when I ask questions about NLA and armature
internals...
1. B-bones: b-bones seem to have a seperate procedure for
subdividing. I still have to figure out the exact code path they use.
2. Parenting and constraint lines, as drawn with the armature. These
use the heads and tails of bones to draw properly. MatchBone, in the
interests of speed, alters only bone's pose_mat and chan_mat's right
before drawing, meaning that armatures that are Match Moved still
draw their parent/constraint lines in their original locations. It
looks like crap. Any suggestions, other than simply disabling the
system from drawing the guides when MatchBone is in effect?

I still have to test the system out with Path animation and the
stride feature. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to get from
that...
--
Roland Hess - harkyman