[Bf-committers] Re: proposal for new feature: DupliMats

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Dec 8 05:42:23 CET 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Ed Halley wrote:

> [Sorry for the crosspost-- I don't know how much overlap there is between
> these list groups.]

You're fine posting something as serious and elaborate (and actually
implemented!) on bf-committers, don't lose your time with bf-funboard (you
would know what I mean if you had dealt with the list a lot ;)

> Because this is a moderately-sized core feature with a lot of potential uses,
> I would like to have a discussion with some of the core coders about the
> methodology and the remaining concerns before handing it over.  My biggest
> fear is that I'm somehow making unseen breakage in the struct ID chains or
> something equally bone-headed.

I would propose joining #blendercoders on irc.freenode.net, which is a
channel where Ton (the core coder) is available for discussion at regular
intervals. He is the only one who knows enough about the render core and
DNA system to do reliable 'QA' on your (very interesting) feature.

There are regular meetings on Sundays, at 16:00 CET. Ton is mostly available
in these, so that would be a good time to pass by.

Other than this, I have to say - nice idea, nice implementation (as far as I
can tell), nice UI :)