[Bf-committers] Derived Mesh, documentation anywhere?

Geoffrey Bantle hairbat at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 02:49:15 CET 2005

Hey,

I was working on something today that required me to
look at the drawing code for EditMesh's, and its
changed pretty drastically since I last remember. I'm
not farmilar with the new Derived Mesh system and
started to look for info on it. Unfortunatley I am
coming up short.

I read BKE_DerivedMesh.c and DerivedMesh.c and
farmilarized myself with a few places where
Derived Mesh structures are used, but that dosn't
really tell me a whole lot about the system itself.
Are there any header files or external docs that
someone can point me to that would enlighten me about
this (major) change in blenders source?

Any help is appreciated.
Cheers,
Geoff Bantle