[Bf-committers] solving the issues of switching to python 2.4on Os X for next release

Shaul Kedem shaul.kedem at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:31:46 CEST 2005

Hi,
 I see that OSX and Debian are mentioned... let me add "Gentoo" to the
list.. current stable build for python in gentoo is 2.3.5, which is fine by
itself (you can always build an "unstable" version in gentoo) *but* gentoo
build system ("emerge") is using python heavily, and installing two versions
of python is unadviced.
  So the bottom line is that "stable" gentoo is always a 2.3 python
environment for now,
 Shaul