[Bf-committers] Lattice Deform Idea

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Aug 27 12:55:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

I want weight groups to work with all deformers in Blender (Hooks!),
and want weightgroups in Curves & Nurbs as well. :)

The current weight group architecture is highly suspective of needing a
refactor though... it's abusing a whole load of small mallocs, in a
not-too-smart way... and then it separates weird in an Object component
and a Mesh component. This is reason why I didn't use it for Hooks
(yet). Also because Hooks now 'hook' to lattice & curves too.

So yes, feature is great, but the implementation is another story. I
rather not hack too much new features here at the moment.

-Ton-