[Bf-committers] solving the issues of switching to python 2.4 on Os X for next release

Joseph Gilbert jgilbert at TIGR.org
Fri Aug 26 15:00:57 CEST 2005

I agree with what has been said  :9

Stephen Swaney wrote:

>Back to Irix.  IIRC, the two main problems with Irix vs Python were
>struct size changes from 2.2 -> 2.3 and the socket module.

Yea this is a problem if Irix wants to support 2.2 because the size of
the TypeObject changed (it got bigger). Our BPy exensions will have
invalid TypeObject sizes (some will be) without a #ifdef at the end of
the struct. So if the irix platform manager wants older support we need
to modify the TypeObject struct sizes a bit - just a minor dillio.
Otherwise if 2.3 is the minor version supported it's no biggy. :)