[Bf-committers] solving the issues of switching to python 2.4on Os X for next release

Gilbert, Joseph jgilbert at tigr.ORG
Thu Aug 25 22:04:44 CEST 2005

Python.h should always be declared before anything else because it sucks
in a bunch of standard library headers. I don't know if this is your
problem or not.  Also I remember that <iostream.h> is not kosher for
c++. Prob should change this to <iostream>.

#include "Python.h"
#include <vector>
#include <iostream>

might be better.

-----Original Message-----
From: bf-committers-bounces at projects.blender.org
[mailto:bf-committers-bounces at projects.blender.org] On Behalf Of Hans
Lambermont
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 3:53 PM
To: bf-blender developers
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] solving the issues of switching to python
2.4on Os X for next release

Stephen Swaney wrote:

> - some subset of *BSD seems to have a problem which is unclear.

I hope I showed the problem in detail in my previous mail.

> However:
> - The major linux distros like Redhat/Fedora, Ubuntu and Suse support
> 2.4.
> - Windows can use 2.4
> - afaik, Solaris is ok with 2.4

FreeBSD also has 2.4 in the ports tree (now at python-2.4.1_3). But as
earlier said, the c++ code in the gameengine triggers the "<vector>
"Python.h" <iostream.h>" include order which fails with python-2.4 and
works fine with earlier python versions.

> - Anyone compiling blender from source can use 2.4

So this is not true for FreeBSD.

I'd like to know if the following triggers the same errors on other
platforms that also use gcc 3.4.2 and python 2.4 :

cat a.c

    #include <vector>
    #include "Python.h"
    #include <iostream.h>

g++ -I/usr/local/include/python2.4 a.c

gives as (first) error :

/usr/include/c++/3.4/bits/localefwd.h:58: error: `std::isspace' declared
as an `inline' variable

-- Hans Lambermont