[Bf-committers] solving the issues of switching to python 2.4 on Os X for next release

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 25 21:53:08 CEST 2005

Stephen Swaney wrote:

> - some subset of *BSD seems to have a problem which is unclear.

I hope I showed the problem in detail in my previous mail.

> However:
> - The major linux distros like Redhat/Fedora, Ubuntu and Suse support
> 2.4.
> - Windows can use 2.4
> - afaik, Solaris is ok with 2.4

FreeBSD also has 2.4 in the ports tree (now at python-2.4.1_3). But as
earlier said, the c++ code in the gameengine triggers the "<vector>
"Python.h" <iostream.h>" include order which fails with python-2.4 and
works fine with earlier python versions.

> - Anyone compiling blender from source can use 2.4

So this is not true for FreeBSD.

I'd like to know if the following triggers the same errors on other
platforms that also use gcc 3.4.2 and python 2.4 :

cat a.c

    #include <vector>
    #include "Python.h"
    #include <iostream.h>

g++ -I/usr/local/include/python2.4 a.c

gives as (first) error :

/usr/include/c++/3.4/bits/localefwd.h:58: error: `std::isspace' declared as an `inline' variable

-- Hans Lambermont