[Bf-committers] Makefiles Maintenance

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 21 20:14:42 CEST 2005

Chris Burt wrote:

> A while back I remember some people discussing reorganizing the
> makefiles and changing some of the old conventions used therein. An
> example being to switch all of the NAN_BLAH stuff to BF_BLAH. I
> believe the original coder was Kent Mein (sirdude) but I haven't heard
> or seen anything about this on the mailing list or IRC for a while.

I also proposed some makefile cleanups, fi. the removal of the two main
environment variables. (Which is my fault in the first place entirely
;-)

However, I seem to suffer from the 'want to do ...' without being able
to put sufficient time aside for it., Fi, I was also working on this :

> Hos recently committed the support for Bullet in the makefiles

for some weeks now, and put no more than an active 30 min in it (maybe I
should have committed the parts already). I also haven't even looked at
what Hos committed.

(not to mention tinderbox, bonsai and lxr :-P  Oh, and the browser
plugin.)

> and yet again we're
> using NAN_BLAH_BLAH many years after NAN has not been around.

heh :)

> So my questions are:
>
> 1) Is someone still planning on reorganizing the makefiles?

'planning' ? Oh yeah, sure :)

I just dug up my old post from 1 Nov 2004 :

    Some possible clean-up items:
    - remove the need for NANBLENDERHOME and MAKEFLAGS in the environment.
    - fix/cleanup the extern/ handling
    - cleanup source/*.mk, move to ./

> 2) Who?

In 2004, Kent Mein and Chris Want proposed to do some work on it.

> 3) When?

I'll be silent here. (I'll make some time.)

-- Hans Lambermont