[Bf-committers] "Point Oven" files

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Aug 12 13:34:46 CEST 2005

Hi,

While on Siggraph, I met with
someone-we-know-who's-working-on-a-spider-movie. Whilst he would love
to still use Blender, the entire studio now switched to LW & XSI &
Maya...
The subtle hint I got was to check on the conversion utility "Point
Oven", apparently very popular in the LW community, and which they use
there a lot to migrate data around. The format is a commercial plugin
that supports all major 3d apps, and actually just bakes, per frame,
the entire animated geometry of models.

You can download the docs & specs for it here;

http://www.ef9.com
http://www.ef9.com/ef9/Files/PointOven_14b.zip

I've emailed the company owner, and he confirmed the format is free for
us to use.

The specs are totally simple. But it would require someone with access
to LW and this plugin to verify validity. Is there someone on this list
who is interested to code this and arrange testing?

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org