[Bf-committers] New patch: Dynamic icons for library objects

Andrea Weikert andrea at aweikert.de
Sun Aug 7 22:52:15 CEST 2005

Hi,

after a little bit of feedback and some more work I've updated my patch and
uploaded it into the patch tracker here:

https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2903&group_id=9&atid=127

This patch provides a unified interface to the different kinds of icons, the
internal icons, internal icons that use OpenGL for vector drawing (functionality
provided by zr) and new dynamic icons that can be created for a material,
texture, image, world or lamp.
A first application of these icons is to show materials, textures, lamp, world
and images as small icons in the respective popup menus.
A second application is the preview, where the new dynamic icons are used.
All icons exept the vector drawing ones are now displayed as an OpenGL QUAD with
an OpenGL texture.

You can take a look at some pictures on my website:

http://www.elubie.de/blender/iconpatch/

There you can also download the patch and a testing build for windows.

As always, you're welcome to comment on the patch and make suggestions on how to
improve it.

--- Andrea Weikert (Elubie)