[Bf-committers] Re: Option to hide center dots

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 7 11:40:41 CEST 2005

Hi,

Just adding "options" I consider per definition as bad & lazy. Issues
like this really can be nicely solved with putting effort in design, a
coherent set of rules, and by analyzing where the issues are for real.

(For example; for huge scenes use the "Set" option, this draws it all
without selection centers).

The topic is also related to:

- scene/layer management (layers that are not-selectable can draw
without center dot)
- better visualization of helper objects (or empty objects)

I think Matt's proposal is pretty close to what we could use though
(and I presume the colors he draws are based on selection theme colors
anyway).

-Ton-