[Bf-committers] EdgeSlide comment

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 7 11:05:49 CEST 2005

Hi Johnny,

At siggraph I watched the demos at the XSI booth, and on a huge
projecion wall they showed this exciting XSI feature 'edge slide'. So
we're state of the art now! :)
They had another 'slide' too, the 'vertex slide' which kept vertices
within the plane of their neighbour faces. Worked with 'proportional
edit' even.

My suggestion would to check with Martin Poirier on moving edge slide
to the transform tools. It has almost full support for it already, and
that would unify behaviour for editing quite some. Probably the
transform() tool would require one or two callback routines to give all
control we need for more tools like this.

-Ton-