[Bf-committers] OpenGl in windowsVista ... bad news....

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sun Aug 7 05:07:37 CEST 2005

I realy doubt this will happen,  without some kind of workaround.
There are heaps of OpenGL apps out there, Either MS Will have an option
to run OpenGL in a faster mode, ATI/NVidia might fix it with there
drivers, or even modify there hardware so its not 50% as fast.
If they to to OpenGL what they did to Java by releasing a crappy
version. then people in the 3d industry (not a huge proportion of
windows users) will pospone upgrading to Vista, and look to alternitives.
I realy doubt they will shoot themselves in the foot like this. It may
even be some rubbish to make people use DirectX over OpenGL.

- 2cents