[Bf-committers] Option to hide center dots

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Thu Aug 4 05:18:47 CEST 2005

Alexander,
I would argue that drawing centres of selection defeats one of the
purposes they are added for.

Drawing the centre of an object is usefull because Ctrl+RMB selects an
object based on centre. turning it off for unselected makes it so you
dont know where the centre is and you dont know where to click.
This also applys to lassoo in object mode which uses object centres also.
.. of course you can still use the object centres to de'select, but
selecting once off is used a lot mode then de-selecting by centres.

A context sensitive way of doing it is to draw the centres when Ctrl is
pressed (Would be nice for RMB centre select but not so good for lassoo
in object mode)

Best to make it an option so the user has a choice- theres my 2c,

- Cam