[Bf-committers] Option to hide center dots

Matthew H. Plough mplough at Princeton.EDU
Thu Aug 4 04:45:35 CEST 2005

I think that a preference to only show object centers for selected
objects would be better than not showing them at all.  Showing them
gives you the reference point for scaling and rotating, and it's
important to keep that visible.

Martin informed me that the current method of drawing object centers
and lamps really slows scene drawing down when lots of them are
present, so showing them only for selected objects will give a speed
increase right now.  However, the image texture/icon texture drawing
method will do a lot to get rid of this bottleneck, but that's still
in heavy development.

Matt