[Bf-committers] Software OpenGL

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Apr 27 15:44:06 CEST 2005

Hi,

> My point is that Mesa actually runs very well and its just some
> trivial, excess redraws that make it less useable.
> Also, we can send bug reports to the Mesa development team is its
> somthing wrong. (Unlike badly made hardware)

And other quick hint; if its only for your usage, just disable in Mesa
the options you find slow in Blender (like GL_BLEND).

> Should I go ahead and remove redraws from Brush/Crosshair tool?

Better wait for tests... no time to review code now, but I clearly
recall all kinds of bugs with border and circle drawing... its one of
these opengl issues we keep fighting with. Check cvs web!

-Ton-