[Bf-committers] Software OpenGL

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed Apr 27 11:18:57 CEST 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Austin Benesh wrote:

>> * Modify redraw loops only to redraw on mouse move
>
> This doesn't seem like a way to speed things up. And what about the millions
> of hotkeys that Blender uses? I thought the dependency graph was going to
> take care of this.

Eh? How would millions of hotkeys be a
performance penalty? Even if they were indeed a million, it wouldn't
probably take more than 10 cycles per hotkey, or 1/100 of a second
on a 1 GHz machine to go through all the if's :)

And the dependancy graph hardly has to do anything with opengl, it avoids
unnecessary calculations which don't have a lot to do with graphics speed,
rather with deforms and updating the scene in general, not the screen.