[Bf-committers] Software OpenGL

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Apr 27 02:39:03 CEST 2005

>>* Modify redraw loops only to redraw on mouse move
>>

>This doesn't seem like a way to speed things up. And what about the millions
>of hotkeys that Blender uses? I thought the dependency graph was going to
>take care of this.
>
>-- Austin

In general you might be right, but in the case of resizing a window
boarder, or drawing the cross hair for bounding box select, It speeds
things up a great deal.

In software openGL my amd64 3500 took about 10 seconds to finish drawing
the resize boarder XOR, flickering line before it refreshed the window.

Since its checking for mouse events anyway in the loop, I dont see why
it shouldent check to see if the mouse has moved in before it bothers
with a redraw.
It does speed things up a great deal, no flicker lag.
- My patch.

https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2480&group_id=9&atid=127