[Bf-committers] 3D view / widgets patch

Jason Saunders blenergetic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 05:12:46 CEST 2005

> I can't really say I'm proud of the current icons for widgets, but this
> doesn't look to me as a real improvement. Each icon has different
> 'language' and style (like rotate has 'motion', the translate has a
> round center, scale has square center?)

Yeah; I'm not sure I like the new icons myself. The reason that the Scale
icon has a square center is that at the time I was making the icons, the
Scale widget still had a cube for the center.
I'm really not sure what to do with rotation. The current icon in bf-blender
doesn't make a lot of sense because the icon doesn't match the widget
anymore. Anyone have suggestions?

My opinion is still to have the cross-app standard move/rotate/scale icons;
that way people who are new to blender and/or new to 3D will have a good
idea what they mean. I can't (personally) think of a way to implement the
"icons look like widget" idea effectively. The idea is good; i'm just not
sure how to get a good implementation.