[Bf-committers] 3D view / widgets patch

Jason Saunders blenergetic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 04:26:06 CEST 2005

Hi,

I had a bit of spare time today, so I made some new icons for the widget
mode buttons, and while I was at it added a menu button for Orientation,
which shows Local/Global/Normals orientation. (The Normals option is not
applicable in Object mode, but removing it caused a blank button when
exiting Edit Mode/Normals orientation). This may be a bit less useful now
that we have alt-space, but it is at the very least a good indicator of
which mode you're in.

Also, with this patch, it would probably be a good idea to bring back the
"click widget center to change orientation" behavior, now that you can
clearly see the orientation mode immediately. It was very quick and useful
to change modes by clicking :)

You can get the patch at http://www.cgartwork.com/jms/widgets.patch
(I tried attatching the patch to my email, but I kept getting a "post
bounced" message that said my email was too big).