[Bf-committers] Instinctive Blender / SoftBody Stuff

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Apr 18 16:32:57 CEST 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Mal wrote:

> It would be great to see some of the work in the SoftBody feature in
> iBlender, moved into the main tree...
>
> Some of the videos are very cool...
> http://blender.instinctive.de/downloads/demo_softeff_dynamic/

There is work on softbody stuff in the official tree, almost finished
(Jens Ole Wund did it).

I'm not sure if it can do everything iblender's softbodies could, for
example, i wasn't able to get a glibber monkey to stay almost perfectly
in shape and just bounce off surfaces almost like a rigid body, but maybe
then, I didn't play enough with the parameters.

On the whole, this softbody system (apart from still lacking baking) looks
more solid than my one-night-hack :)