[Bf-committers] My patch.

Kester Maddock Christopher.Maddock.1 at uni.massey.ac.nz
Mon Apr 18 13:58:18 CEST 2005

Hi Brian,

Could you check one thing for me please?  Does the old deformer get deleted,
or is it just leaked?

It might be better to make a virtual KX_GameObject::ReplaceMeshs call, that
the deformable version can use to pass the new mesh to it's RAS_Deformer,
rather than recreating the deformer every time.

Also, why does the new BL_SkinDeformer constructor GB_validate_defgroups the
old mesh rather than the new mesh?

Thanks,

Kester

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 19:56, Brian Hayward wrote:
> I recently finnished coding, testing, and submitting my first patch, and
> would appresiate feedback.  Also seeing as I don't have the
> authorization to commit it, I wish to point it in the direction of
> someone who can.  Thanks in advance for your time.
>
> I noticed that when the replaceMesh actuator is called (in the game
> engine) on a mesh which is deformable through armatures, RVKs, or AVKs,
> the object's new mesh fails to react to deform calls.  My patch fixes
> this by also replacing the object's deform controller when neccessary,
> thus making the new mesh deform in the same mannor as the old mesh.
>
> bthayward at tuzakey.com
> Brian Hayward

Here I am, fifty-eight, and I still don't know what I want to be when
I grow up.
		-- Peter Drucker