[Bf-committers] scons/freebsd with gameengine question

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 16 20:07:52 CEST 2005

Kester Maddock wrote:

> Interesting.

yep ;-)

> In my Python (2.2), ctype is included through Python's unicode
> object. Try:
>
> #include <ctype.h>
> #include <iostream>

doesn't help. (of course I started with
#include <vector>
#include "Python.h"
because otherwise the problem doesn't show.)

> If that doesn't work, try:
>
> #include <ctype.h>
> #include <cctype>
> #include <iostream>

neither.

I also tried just #include <cctype>, doesn't help.

> #include <cctype>
> #include <ctype.h>
> #include <iostream>

neither

> #include <ctype.h>
> #undef isalnum
> #undef isalpha
> #undef iscntrl
> #undef isdigit
> #undef isgraph
> #undef islower
> #undef isprint
> #undef ispunct
> #undef isspace
> #undef isupper
> #undef isxdigit
> #undef tolower
> #undef toupper
> #include <iostream>

This does help.

> My version of cctype #undef's all the ctype.h macros that seem to be causing
> you problems.

My cctype (/usr/include/c++/3.4/cctype) also undef's this list. Weird,
shouldn't that mean that the ctype.h - cctype order should work ?

> My ctype.h also doesn't define the macros in C++ mode.

My /usr/include/ctype.h also doesn't.

Now what ? I could try with an older-than-2.4 Python, but prefer not to.

-- Hans