[Bf-committers] Trans Faces are not overlayed

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Apr 14 17:56:15 CEST 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Mal wrote:

> Alexander Ewering wrote:
>
>> And what is solid-shaded mode?
>
> That is a good point... I never quite understood the need for this
> additional, untextured ( if a texture exists ) mode.

Hello,

you got a few things wrong :) In fact, I meant the word "solid-shaded" mode.
Did he mean solid mode OR shaded mode, or both?

The difference between solid, shaded and potatoe mode is fundamental, and
neither can be removed. Maybe take a look at the documentation :)

> If it is extremely similar to full potatoe mode, is it worth removing?  And
> maybe renaming potatoe mode as solid mode?

See above. Short summary:

- Solid mode: OpenGL workbench light, artificial
- Shaded mode: Render-like lighting and texturing (if subdivided enough)
- Potatoe mode: GAME ENGINE lighting (TOTALLY different).

I'm always surprised appearently long-term pro users still don't know
the very basics of blender's functionality :)