[Bf-committers] proposal, layer naming, zulu first shots

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Apr 12 13:54:54 CEST 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Luigi Monaco wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I don't know if there is a possibility to give layers a name, which pops up
> when movin over it with the mouse at the layer buttons. If not, it could be a
> good idea.

Hello Luigi,

instinctive-blender had a full layer manager including naming, locking, clipping
distance, auto-naming, selecting, visual feedback etc. for quite some time... You
might want to port it to BF.

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5110

http://db.intrr.org/newsforge-iblender/layman.jpg