[Bf-committers] Re: Re: MBall transform & Displist problems

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 00:36:38 CEST 2005

Hey,

--- GSR - FR <famrom at infernal-iceberg.com> wrote:
> Updated cvs, and constraint of scale of a single
> mball makes it back
> to start size and not scale any axis, but that seems
> to be a
> limitation of the mball sphere, cos mball cube
> works.

Yes, that is a problem with MetaBall and to a certain
extend MetaTube.

> Being unable to get out of constraint with mouse
> only still there,
> tried grab with the mball cube. Top view and
> constraint X started via
> MB2 axis (header says global), then had to press X
> (global), X again
> (local) and another X (free). For Y axis by pressing
> MB2 (global), one
> Y (local), a second Y (global ?) and another Y
> (free).
>
> Repeated with monkey mesh, in and out of edit mode,
> same result about
> unable to unlock with mouse, having to press keys a
> lot and strange
> order in Y case.

MMB works independantly from the hotkeys, so doing a X
axis constraint with MMB and then pressing X goes into
global.

The name for the Y axis constraint with the hotkey
were switched (global for local and vice versa), I
gave a hard look there to confirm what you said and
found that out, so thanks.

In any case, Ckey clears the constraint.

Martin