[Bf-committers]

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Apr 5 07:30:03 CEST 2005

On 5 Apr 2005, at 4:31 AM, Tom M wrote:

> 1b) current projects: softbody
> softbody has been integrated into the main tree
> -Jens Ole will create blends showing common usage scenarios and better
> explain usage of the parameters

Python access to the number fields here would be great - it would be a
perfect application of the presets menu system I've got in tuhopuu3. A
menu containing common, saveable settings like "Cotton", "Leather",
"Jelly", "Rubber", or whatever would be so much more convenient than
trying to understand variables in physics formulas every time :)

> 3) Patches/Tracker
> -Minnaert shader should be changed so that user can choose either the
> standard Minnaert shader or a variant, to be called 'minnaert-B

Uh, this would be *really* overcomplicating the issue. Minnaert is such
a specific usage shader already, having two variants that are only
marginally different would be overkill. I second Jorge's suggestion in
the dialogue he's started on the tuhopuu-devel mailing list (
http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/tuhopuu-devel/2005-April/
001277.html ) - just keep the current nice, simple and usable
implementation as is, and rename it to something like "velvet/satin" or
whatever, so pedants don't get offended that it's not the 'real'
Minnaert formula. To most users, the end visual appearance is what's
important.

Cheers,

Matt