[Bf-committers] German Blender GUI Translation

Johannes Langlotz johannes.langlotz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 5 00:53:10 CEST 2005

very short dummie monkey level doc:

- take the po of your language from CVS
- open it with a po file viewer (Poedit, KBabel, Gtranslator, ..., or
just with a simple text viewer)
- there are many pairs of strings, the blender string and the translated
string
e.g.

msgid "File"
msgstr "Datei"

msgid "Add"
msgstr "Neu"

msgid "Timeline"
msgstr "Zeitleiste"

msgid "Game"
msgstr ""

msgid "Render"
msgstr ""

msgid "Help"
msgstr ""

- translate all strings/sentences and save the file
- the po file viewers normally offer a compiler which compiles the po
file into a binary mo file. This is the file blender reads while runtime
- you can also use the msgfmt command on unix systems if you have no po
file viewer (like me :) ) ->  msgfmt [OPTION] file.po
- tata! Thats all

Johannes