[Bf-committers] opengl & glsl

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Apr 4 22:40:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

There's a lot of reasons why we stick to opengl 1.2 in Blender still...
we prefer to run at a lot of different 3d cards, and OpenGL isn't too
well supported cross platform. You'll also quicky enter Extension hell
here.
We definitely should be ready once for a move to OpenGL 2.0, but I
don't see it as a short term project.

Best would be to study how we currently draw subsurfs, was just recoded
by Daniel. Maybe you can find methods for improvement here? Take small
steps, find something simple you like to work on first. And don't
forget that displace code only is in renderconverter/ module now.

-Ton-