[Bf-committers] ior

Frédéric van der Essen fred at mentalwarp.com
Sun Apr 3 12:56:51 CEST 2005

Of course it can !
the ior isn't lightspeed_in_void / Lightspeed_in_material !!!
this is the special case of an object standing in void.

the real formula = lightspeed_in_first_material /
Lightspeed_in_second_material.

if the light goes slower in the first than in the second, then the ior
is smaller than one.

in the case of a bubble in water, the lightspeed is slower in the water
than in the air, so the ior is negative when the light
enters the bubble, and positive when the light goes out the bubble.