[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src drawobject.c drawview.c editmesh_mods.c

Stephane SOPPERA stephane.soppera at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 30 23:11:44 CEST 2004

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Eeew, the g200 matrox was on our banned list 4 years ago already! :P

Oups! Where is this list?

> If you can compile yourself,

That's what I'm doing.

> then do the following to test;
>
> src/drawobject.c
> find the function call index_to_framebuffer(index) on line 4465 (in
> bbs_mesh_solid). Printf that value.
>
> src/editmesh_modes.c
> on line 509 you find result from sample_backbuf(), printf that value
> too.
>
> Now compile and run Blender, and click on default cube in selectmode
> 'face', with 'zbuffer select clipping' on. The values should be
> equal... it helps btw printing %x (hex).
>
> The function that calculates such indices based on gfx card is in
> src/mywindow.c

Here is the output I got with
printf("bbs_mesh_solid (%d) %x\n", nb++, i);
and
printf("findnearestface %x\n", index);

I've separated the findnearestface in 4 blocks corresponding to clicks
on the three visible faces I saw of the cube and in empty space for the
last one.

As you can see, sample_backbuf does not return the colors used by the
draw. Moreover the color is not constant through the same face. But it
seems that the cube is correctly positionned since clicking outside
correspond to color 0.
Is there a easy way to dump to a bitmap file the content of the backbuf
to see how it has been drawn?

bbs_mesh_solid (0) 7070f
bbs_mesh_solid (1) 70717
bbs_mesh_solid (2) 7071f