[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_bad_level_calls.h BKE_global.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/bad_level_call_stubs stubs.c blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern blender.c exotic.c scene.c blender/source/blender/blenlib BLI_editVert.h blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern readfile.c ...

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Sep 27 13:40:41 CEST 2004

Hi,

About extrude:

Since Theeth is working on new transform() code, I thought to limit my
work there on a simple single direction extrusion now. This works for
most selections fine, but not for opposing ones as in your example.
That's something I think we can live with temporally.
For later we can research more options of course.

FGons:

Interesting option idea; but rather not fully automatic, but as a tool.
Meaning you give a command 'calc fgons automatic' one. While editing,
moving vertices un-coplaner shouldn't destruct the fgon.
BTW: the current 'FKey' command in editmode can just do that by default.

On-mouse hilites:

That option usually is just added to hide failures in proper (coding
of) selection. Aim is to have each mouseclick being a hit, exactly what
you intended to select.

Also, I've used such hilite-selection editors, and they're neurotic.

-Ton-