[Bf-committers] uv's in edit mode

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Sep 27 13:21:35 CEST 2004

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for the analysis. There's indeed quite some issues with it.
Originally I didn't really schedule to replace the old UV-FaceSelect
completetely, but just bringing EditMode a little bit closer to it, to
have both working together nicer.

So, if we just do this:

- discard the convention that enforces wireframe draw when you go from
FaceSelect to EditMode. That can become an enforced 'Face selectmode'
now.
- enable ALT+Z (potato) texture view in EditMode.
- if UV-FaceSelect is set in EditMode, also signal the active TFace to
the UI. Just to update the UV Image window correctly, and to allow
assigning images there and/or change UV coordinates.

We can leave the F9 (editing buttons) as they are now.

So, minimal changes, nothing radical. :)

As another (research project) we should look at UV-FaceSelect mode
though. I still think such modes are cumbersome, just like
vpaint/weightpaint/posemode etc. But that's another issue, not related
to the editmesh refactory!

-Ton-