[Bf-committers] New EditMode workflow for new EditMode tools

Daniel Barbeau DanielPGB_Vasquez at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 00:52:05 CEST 2004

Hello all!

First of: I'm not sure this is the right place for this, If it's not,
then I'm sorry: no offense intended.

I've been testing the new edge based modelling feature in CVS, it's
still an fairly new feature so there are some flaws... those are on
the "testing builds" forum.

The main issue I found is the completely modal workflow of the
selection modes... The way they are at the moment doesn't really suit
such a feature. There's the edit mode and three submodes...

So I've made up a small PDF explaining a workflow that, finally, looks
pretty much like wings' though not completely.

you can get it here:
http://dani2.chez.tiscali.fr/EDIT.pdf
If you prefer plain dirty text look here :
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4678
it's a short thread where i try to explain my idea.

It surely isn't perfect, at least I hope it gives some other ideas.

If you need further explanations, i will try to answer, though I do
not have an easy access to internet computers at university during the
week.

Ciao
Dani