[Bf-committers] Strange behaviour of faceselect mode with border deselect

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sun Sep 26 15:49:19 CEST 2004

Hello,

found a strange thing here:

I created this object:

http://pub.instinctive.de/cub1.png

Then I roughly-border-selected the top:

http://pub.instinctive.de/cub2.png

Then I border-deselected the "stray" faces:

http://pub.instinctive.de/cub3.png

Then, I tried moving the top faces upward:

http://pub.instinctive.de/cub4.png

It seems like the deselecting of the "stray" faces also deselected
the shared vertices of the top faces, which shouldn't really happen
or what isn't what the user would expect. It seems like "under the hood",
transforms still work purely vertex-based, while they should work face-
based.