[Bf-committers] Its time for the CSG transform code

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Wed Sep 22 21:40:16 CEST 2004

Hi, I've reached the point where it's now time to get the CSG nodes to
work with the transform() system.  However, since it's currently being
worked on, I can't continue until I know more about how the new system
is going to work.  In other words: I really need some kind of definitive
doc on the new transformation system.  Is the one on the Wiki a
finalized version?  Or is it going to be different then that?

If I have to, I can wait for the new code (how long will that take?).

Right now I've gotten it so you can create a CSG object, and select it's
individual nodes.  That's about it.  I've also written code to convert
nodes to TransVerts.  Once I get the transformation code working, I can
start work on integrating OpenCSG.   BTW, OpenCSG.org has a link to a
really cool CSG editor for windows.  Try it to see the coolness that is
real-time editing of CSG hiarchies.

Oh, and I've written a feature proposal doc on the Blenderdev Wiki
(WikiWord CsgObject,
http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/CsgObject ).  Anyone mind
if I put a link to it on the Blenderdev webhome?  Do you usually have to
ask for this kind of thing?

joeedh
P.S.: I love Blender! :)