[Bf-committers] A Blender Education distribution

Jeremy Wall zaphar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 02:42:55 CEST 2004

At my job we manage networks and computers for schools here in
illinois and missouri. I am currently building some graphics
workstations for one of our schools and will be installing blender on
them for the teacher so she can start working on some 3d digital art
with her students.

This got me thinking about how useful a distribution of blender
designed around education could be. I will be gathering tutorials and
instructional material to include with the install. I would be happy
to volunteer what I gather and organize toward such a project. I might
even be able to coordinate if others where interested in helping out.

To such end I am wondering if there is any interest and if anyone has
suggestions on what to include in such a distribution. I hope to be
putting together an initial RPM and maybe a windows installer if I get
the time to here in the next few weeks. I don't quite have the time to
code yet so this is my outlet for contribution :-)

Jeremy Wall aka: zaphar_ps