[Bf-committers] Global Undo hotkeys

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Sep 21 13:21:28 CEST 2004

Hi,

As inventor of this 'own workflow' here's my take on it:

- UKEY was for User defaults, User menu, UV menu, and reload original
data in editmode (the old fake undo). I might even have forgotten one.
Do you notice the coincidence of words starting with a U? So that's
nice & easy to remember, not bad hotkeys at all.

Since the global undo is really new in Blender, it serves our 'own
workflow' to choose a new key for it, and if possible choose a key
that's commonly known from other applications.
This also  has to be an exceptional hotkey, since it has to be handled
on top level, independent of window type.

If you propose to change all other (current UKEY) mappings, what's the
benefit? Just confuses current users, confuses our docs, and won't help
new users to learn Blender.

I think the current choice is well balanced, and serves all
considerations best.

-Ton-